The Peoples Car
Designed by Dr Ferdinand Porsche and his team, the VW Beetle has become the most successful car of all time. VW started bringing car into Australia in 1953, making this example one of the earliest models available in the country. Maintained in it’s original paint, with matching numbers – this car represents what 62 in Australia looks like, whilst being meticulously maintained mechanically. This example has no rust and any rust that has popped up has been removed and converted, giving the car a ‘Rat’ like finish.
With a beautiful natural patina, this little Oval has period details that you could spend all day looking at such as, working semaphores, period Melbourne olympics badge, period number plates and more.
- 4 Speed Manual
- Completely Refurbished engine by Andrew Dodd Automotive VW Specialist
- Factory RHD.
- Built in Wolfsburg for English market.
- Imported to Australia in 1957 to SA. Still have original number plates
- Club Rego with Roadworthy
- Only 900 km on reconditioned motor
- Starts first time!
- New suspension
- New brakes all round by Andrew Dodd (one of very few VW Oval Specialists in Sydney)
- Fresh whitewall tyres
- New Period correct (stamped) oval wheels
- Moto Rally gauges.
- New Period 50’s ski rack (with box and instructions)
- Original 1956 Melbourne Olympics Auto Badge
- New Rear oval window blinds
- New refurbed steering wheel
still have the original.
- No rust but remnants of old rust stopped and left for that original patina “rat” look
- Fixed semaphores, internal mirror and door jams