Honda Cosmo City
Designed by Pininfarina and introduced in August 1984, a drop-top Cabriolet utilized the wider track, fenders, and bigger bumpers of the Turbo II “Bulldog”, but was only normally available with the naturally aspirated 67 PS (49 kW) engine. These widetrack models were designated “FA” rather than “AA”. The Cabriolet was well equipped, with a glass rear window and twelve pastel colors not available on the hatchback versions. Part of a worldwide eighties’ wave of convertibles based on family cars, this was the first car of this kind built in Japan.
- 4 known in Australia
- VIN: 6D9IMPORTRHL87005
- Collectible Retro Classic Cabriolet
- Rare Factory 5 speed Manual
- 4 Seater
- Rare Air Conditioning
- Designed by Pininfarina is this rare a droptop Cabriolet which utilises the wider track, fenders, and bigger bumpers of the Turbo II “Bulldog”
- With a 1,231cc inline 4 powering the front wheels, this Cabriolet Honda City offers renowned Japanese reliability, efficiency and economy. This particular unit comes with the sought after 5speed manual gearbox as well, not the standard 4speed.
- Japan was the only market to receive the Cabriolet. Future generations of the City did not have a convertible version.
- A bargain considering the trouble and expense one would have to go to in order to import an example from Japan.
- Part of a worldwide eighties wave of convertibles based on family cars, this was the first car of this kind built in Japan.
- The perfect word to describe this car is charming. 3 decades later, the City still looks good and can still turn heads, especially with the top down.
- With a respectable exterior, original interior, and running well mechanically, this City is a lot of car
- This beautiful Honda City Cabriolet is the perfect addition to any classic car collection, or indeed an excellent first introduction to the world of classic cars.
- Great City car