Porsche 986 Boxster
In the early 1990’s Porsche were in a bit of a pickle. The 928 and coming 968 hadn’t been as popular Porsche had hoped. With a visit to Toyota in Japan, Grant Larson’s new design started to take shape. With inspiration from the 365 Cab and 550 Spyder, Larson’s design helped a company in dire straits. A cheap, mid engined 2 door sports car that the middle manager could afford. Fast forward to the present where the Cayman has taken the Boxster’s position in time and it becomes fairly obvious that the Boxster is something to be admired and, well, thanked. For who knows how Porsche would have continued without this fun, affordable sports car?
- This Porsche has the perfect combination of black pearl/metallic paint with a beige/tan interior, with black polished rims
- Top down it really makes you feel like its just you and the open road
- Hear the roar of the boxer 6 cylinder engine behind you through every hill and turn, it is a pleasure to drive!
- Fitted with 4 New 18” Victor Equipment TSW offset rims, 18x8 et 45 for the fronts and 18x9.5 et 49 for the rears, stud pattern 5x130. The rims alone are worth almost $2,000
- Fitted with 4 New Falken Azenis FK543 tyres with 225/35R18 on the fronts and 255/35R18 on the rears giving it a wider look from the back and a slightly deeper dish ($1,000)
- New rear vinyl rear window ($650)
- New Alternator ($1000), New Battery ($250)
- Updated rear tail lights (slightly tinted) with Tinted Silver Boxster Badge (instead of the black badge)
- New Boxster Badge from a 987 painted black on the passengers airbag
- New master cylinder
- New crank shaft/position sensor
- Cruise control on a manual car!
- Automatic spoiler that raises and retracts depending on your speed!
- Alarm and central locking/keyless entry
- Climate control air conditioning/heating
- 10 speaker sound system with an aftermarket bluetooth CD player!
- Drivers, passengers and side airbags
- Power steering, power door mirrors and many other standard features
- Spare lightweight tyre
Comes with the following paperwork:
- Guarantee and Maintenance, Service book, Polaris Vehicle tracking system book (not active), Mechanical Parts and warranty book (previous owner), 24 hour roadside assistance, Drivers Manual