SC No. 53
The Robnell’s creator Rob Darnell has done a great job of turning the original ’60s concept into a more civilised, modern day, high-performance sportscar suited as much to daily commuting as week-end racing. He’s upgraded most of the componentry and added some modern features to satisfy today’s more demanding customers whilst retaining the original’s styling and brutal performance – all at a price much less than you’d pay for the real thing. – Chris Fincham @ motoring.com.au
This example has been built having no expense spared (over $240,000 in build) with maximum speed, driving enjoyment and comfort in mind. From Koni Adjustable suspension through to tan leather appointment by Blackman & Son. The car demands your attention – standing still or ripping up road.
- Engine: Worked 429 Ford big block V8 (7031cc)
- Competition Brakes, shocks, suspension, Motor and gearbox.
- Build in 2000 by Robnell Sports Cars. Build Number 053
- Only 30,000km from new. Only 1 Owner.
- Full NSW Rego till July 2019
- VIN: 6T9P01V97X2BLJ002
- Engine No: RSC9849002
- Cost well over $240,000 to build
- Racing Specs. 650 HP. 0-100km in 3.8 secs
- Body: Kevlar
- Crankshaft: Stress relieved & magnafluxed
Conrods: Cobra Jet, shot peened, polished & ARP bolts
- Pistons: Forged TRW flat top with moly top rings
- Camshaft: Crane hydraulic roller driven by Cloyes true roller
- Valvetrain: Crane roller followers, moly push rods, Yella Terra roller rockers
- Heads: Full race aluminium Trick Flow – twisted wedge design.
- Lubrication: 9 Litre High Energy racing sump/windage tray, Serck oil cooler, blueprinted pump
- Differential: Ford nine inch, custom alloy housing
- Suspension: Fully independent, double wishbone front and rear, Koni adjustable coil over racing dampers
- Brakes: Front 330 mm slotted discs with forged 4 spot racing callipers, rear 330 mm slotted discs with 2 spot PBR callipers.
- Chassis: Space Frame
- Wheels/Tyres: 17 x 7.5 front, 17 x 9.5 rear, with 235/40 and 275/40 Pirelli P Zero
- Intake: Robnell low-rise manifold, 8 x 50 mm MoTeC throttle bodies
- Management: MoTeC M48 ECU, sequential injection
- Fuel System: 85 Litre baffled alloy tank, 3/8″ delivery and return lines, twin EFI high volume pumps
- Ignition: Bosch twin trigger
- Exhaust: Robnell stainless headers to Cobra side pipes, working!
- Transmission: Tremec 3550 road race 5-speed, Pro 5.0 shifter, Centreforce twin plate clutch